Geotechnical Centrifuge Testing Center
Analytical Service Last update : 2017.09.05 Request for use
- W16 291 Daehak-ro Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
- Coordinating Country
- Hosting Organisations
- Korea Advancece Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Contact Person
- RI Category
- Civil Engineering Research Infrastructures
- Geotechnical structures,Dynamics,Physical modeling,Disaster,Earthquake simulation
- - Ensure the model testing facilities by performance evaluation of a large geotechnical structures, design verification, development of new technologies
- Building construction engineering test facilities which are lacking in domestic distributed throughout the country and Korean researchers can enjoy the jointly research foundation that can be used to share data by connecting the high-speed communication network
- Promote the domestic construction technology by activating the model demonstration
- Application Area
- - Dams, embankments, foundations, slope and large scale model testing of geotechnical structures
- Evaluation of the earthquake disaster simulation testing various infrastructure using a centrifuge shaking table test
- Related college majors through the scale model testing and training of graduate students
- Geotechnical structures design validation, epidemiological studies on disasters
- 1. Geotechnical Centrifuge
- Platform radius: 5.0 m, Max. capacity: 240 g-tons, Max. acceleration: 130 g with 1,300 kg payload
2. Shaking table
- Shaking type: Electro-hydraulic servo type,Max. model payload: 700 kg,Max. shaking acceleration: 20 g for full payload,Experimental frequency range: 40 to 300 Hz
3. Four Degree-of-Freedom In-Flight Robot
- Stroke: 0.8 m(X), 0.6 m (Y), 0.5 m(Z), 175°(),Max. speed: 50 mm/s(X, Y, Z), 5°/s()
4. Data Acquisition System
- Total of 192 channels for accelerometers, strain gages, LVDTs, Earth pressure, Pore pressure, etc.
Lee, H., Kim, D. S., Choo, Y. W. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 140(10), 04014059. doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001167.
Chung Nguyen, D. D., Kim, D. S., Jo, S. B. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 139(10), 1690-1698. doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0000908.
Kim, J. H., Choo, Y. W., Kim, D. J., Kim, D. S. Geoenvironmental Engineering, 142(3), 04015090. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001425
Centrifuge modeling to evaluate natural frequency and seismic behavior of offshore wind turbine considering SFSI
Seong, J. T., Ha, J. G., Kim, J. H., Park, H. J., Kim, D. S. Wind Energy. 2017. doi:10.1002/we.2127.
Investigation of Monotonic and Cyclic Behavior of Tripod Suction Bucket Foundations for Offshore Wind Towers Using Centrifuge Modeling
Kim, D. J., Choo, Y. W., Kim, J. H., Kim, S., Kim, D. S. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 140(5), 04014008. doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001083