Advanced In Situ Nanosurface Analysis System
Analytical Service Last update : 2019.09.01 Request for use
- 169-148, Gwahak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
- Coordinating Country
- Hosting Organisations
- Korea Basic Science Institute
- RI Category
- Analytical Facilities
- In-situ analysis,Nano surface science,Physical property,Ultra High Vacuum (UHV),Low dimensional materials
- "The next generation fusion and composition nanoevaluation system is used for the analysis of synthesized basic materials by combining various Nanosurfaces evaluation equipment after producing samples from in-situ by compiling low-dimensional and organic and inorganic Nano component evaluation and processing equipment at ulrta-high vacuous condition.
The purpose of this system is providing the total analytical solution to both academic and industry uses by means of establishing the one-line in situ analytical system which is consisted of high-ends leading 7 analytical instruments and 8 device fabrication systems.
- Nano-material properties of metal / oxide / semi-conductor manufactured in the processing device (component, structure, form, and electronic characteristics) are analyzed without being exposed to air
- Analysis system made on a real time basis with automatic processing devices based on the recipe
- Available to perform the electronic characteristics performance in the low / high temperature as it is possible to manufacture the socket wihtout being exposed to air"
- Application Area
- "- Development and characterization of the new-forthcoming nanomaterials for the future
- In-situ chemical composition analysis of catalytic materials"
- "1. NAP-XPS (Near ambient pressure x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy)
- UHV (10-9 mbar) preparation chamber (LEED, Ar sputter gun, E-beam heater)
- Upper pressure limit = 3 mbar
- Temperature range = 25 - 500 ℃
- Quadrupole mass spectrometer for product analysis in gas-phase reaction
2. LEEM/PEEM (Low energy electron microscopy/photoelectron emission microscopy)
- Lateral resolution: < 10 nm. (PEEM), < 2 nm (LEEM)
- Spot diameter on sample <500 um, sample current ~ 500 nA.
- Temperature range : <1500K
3. ARPES (Angle resolved photoelectron spectroscopy)
- Energy resolution : < 1.8 meV
- Angle resolution : < 0.1 degree
- Acceptance angle : ≃ 30 degree
4. Micro XPS/UPS (X-ray/UV photoelectron spectrometer)
- Energy resolution : < 0.47 eV
- Spatial resolution : < 3μm
- Temperature range : < 900K
5. UHV-STM (Ultra high vacuum scanning tunneling microscopy)
- Base pressure : 10-11 mbar
- Temperature range : 90~400 K
- Stability (z noise) < 1 pm rms
- Spectroscopy modes : dI/dV, dI/dz, dz/dV"