- Hosting Legal Entity
- Vilnius University, Vilnius University
- Type Of RI
- Sauletekio al. 15, Vilnius, PO: LT-10222 (Lithuania), Lithuania(54.7233505249023, 25.3379325866699)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Construction since 2012
- Mission and objective
- The Center of Semiconductor Technology will be a follow-up of the recent joint agreement of the Lithuanian researchers working in different institutions in the field of semiconductor science and technology to establish a semiconductor technology center in the framework of the major national program for the Sauletekis Valley. This center will meet the needs of these researchers for facilities necessary to purposefully fabricate samples for their research and to develop device prototypes for specific applications. This infrastructure would be useful for high-tech companies in Lithuania and, increasingly in time, abroad for developing their products, but it is mainly directed to facilitate implementation of scientific ideas to products by creating a technological base for researchers to develop their prospective ideas into a functional device prototypes serving as a base for establishment of spin-offs to produce commercial products.
- RI Keywords
- Semiconductor technology,Nanotechnology,Optoelectronic devices,Organic electronics
- RI Category
- Micro- and Nanotechnology facilities
- Scientific Domain
- Chemistry and Material Sciences;Engineering and Energy;Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Mathematics
- Access WebPage
X-ray characterization devices (XRD, XPS), microscopy devices.
Three Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) machines. Metal-Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) reactor. Liquid epitaxy equipment. Two Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) reactors.
Equipment for photolithography, metal and dielectric layer deposition, thermal annealing, dry and chemical etching, bonding, and mounting.
Equipment for the organic semiconductor layer evaporation, casting, metallization, sealing, glove-boxes, etc.
Access to equipment for photolithography, metal and dielectric layer deposition, thermal annealing, dry and chemical etching, bonding, and mounting. user support and training.
Organic semiconductor layer evaporation, casting, metallization, sealing, user support and training.
Study of materials structure using XRD, XPS, and optical microscopy.
Deposition of semiconductor epilayers and heterostructures by Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE), Metal-Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD), liquid epitaxy, and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD).