- Hosting Legal Entity
- Laboratori nazionali di Frascati (INFN)
- Type Of RI
- Via Enrico Fermi 40, INFN – Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati, Frascati (Roma), PO: 00044 (Italy), Italy(42.638427734375, 12.6742973327637)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Operational since 1959
- Mission and objective
- The Beam Test Facility ( BTF ) is an area equipped for the testing of detectors and beam diagnostics through the production of electrons, positrons and photons of known energy and characteristics. The Facilty is part of the DAFNE accelerator, at the INFN National Laboratory of Frascati . The working configurations of the BTF and the characteristics of the beam strongly depend on the energy and multiplicity - that is, the number of particles per package - that we want to obtain.
- RI Keywords
- Beam characterization,Electrons,Positrons,Photons
- RI Category
- High Energy Physics Facilities
- Scientific Domain
- Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Mathematics
- Access WebPage
The DAFNE Beam-Test Facility (BTF) is a beam transfer line designed for the optimized, stochastical production of single electrons/positrons for detector calibration purposes, or the extraction of the DAFNE LINAC electron/positron beam.Beam characteristics (spot size, divergence, momentum resolution), are strongly depended by multiplicity (number of particles/spill) and energy requested. Energy range, pulse duration, beam intensity and duty cycle can be limited by DAFNE collider operation.A control room, equipped with a network, connecting cables to the experiment room, control consoles, PCs, etc., is available to users, together with a small office (for 2/3 people) and a meeting area ( ~ 6/8 people).
Access to e+ e- collider ring for nuclear and particle physics experimentsAccess to technological facility for accelerator R&D.