- Hosting Legal Entity
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- Type Of RI
- Muthgasse 18, TZM, Wien, PO: 1190 (Austria), Austria(48.246961, 16.367583)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Operational since 2014
- Mission and objective
- The Core Facility "Bioindustrial Pilot Plant" at the Vienna Institute of BioTechnology (VIBT) serves as education, training and test site for modern biotechnology. The focus is primarily on education and research-driven education with emphasis on industrial biotechnology. The plant is provided with a full set of state of the art up- and downstream processing equipment for small and pilot scale production of recombinant proteins covering bacterial, yeast and mammalian expression systems. Main fields are scale up studies, on-line monitoring of bioprocesses, bioprocess engineering of unit operations. Besides education, the plant can be used for industrial cooperations.
- RI Keywords
- Microbial fermentation,Mammalian cell culture,Upstream,Downstream,Primary recovery,Secondary recovery,Chromatography,Separation,Homogenization,Filtration,Biopharma
- RI Category
- Cell Culture Facilities;Pilot Plants for Process Testing
- Scientific Domain
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Access WebPage
microbial fermentation: 40 to 250 Lmammalian cell culture: 80 to 1500 L.
separator up to 200 L/h output.
UF for ultra- and microfiltration.
homogenizer up to 100 L/h output.
Scientific programme with training of young researchers.
Research topics in cooperation with industrial and academic partners in up- and downstream processing (especially for up-scale of bio processes).