- Hosting Legal Entity
- Center of Excellence for Polymer Materials and Technologies
- Type Of RI
- Tehnoloski park 24, CE PoliMaT - E-building, Ljubljana, PO: 1000 (Slovenia), Slovenia(46.049991, 14.459875)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Operational since 2010
- Mission and objective
- CE PoliMaT is a privately owned legal entity, established in 2010 by a group of businesses and academic institutions. It is a centre of excellence for polymer materials and technologies that facilitates research excellence by bringing together leading scientists and engineers from different disciplines, such as chemistry, physics, pharmaceuticals, and mechanical engineering. The focus of polymer science research and development within CE PoliMaT is on advanced multifunctional materials including the use of nanotechnology and renewable resources – bio-based and biodegradable materials. CE PoliMaT develops applications for use in health, electronics, green energy and agriculture. The CE PoliMaT operation is partially financed by the European Union, namely from the European Regional Development Fund.Its mission is to ensure commercialization of research excellence into high value added products and services in high-tech niche markets thereby supporting job creation and economic development. One of the main objectives of CE PoliMaT is to create companies that will commercialize high potential technologies.CE PoliMaT is located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and cooperates with leading centers of knowledge in the field of polymers from Austria, France, the United States, Africa and India, paving the way to a global bio-polymer network.
- RI Keywords
- Centre of excellence,Polymer materials and technologies,Advanced materials,Nanotechnology,Bio-materials,Coatings,Paints,Adhesives,Renewable resources,Micro-encapsulacion,Applications in health,Wound-healing therapies,Collaborative research,Technology transfer,Polymer synthesis,Polymer characterization,Bio-polymer workshops
- RI Category
- Materials Synthesis or Testing Facilities;Analytical Facilities;Micro- and Nanotechnology facilities
- Scientific Domain
- Engineering and Energy;Chemistry and Material Sciences;Biological and Medical Sciences
- Access WebPage
Matrix-Assisted Laser-Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer (MALDI/TOF-TOF MS).
Differential scanning calorimeter (possibility with UV curing) and Model Free Kinetics.
Fully automated thermostat with glass or high-pressure (up to 60 bar) reactor vessel for reaction calorimetry or scale-up studies with possibility of two in situ analytical techniques: Attenuated Total Reflectance Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) for tracking chemical changes and Focused Beam Reflectance Measurement (FBRM) for tracking changes in particle size and its distribution.
Respirometric analyzer for polymer biodegradation measurements.
UV system for polymerization (INTELLI-RAY 600).
Laboratory high-pressure 4L reactor.
Dynamic Light Scattering with Zeta potential characterisation for particle size and zeta potential measurements of water dispersions.
Type of liquid chromatography for molecular weight and molecular weight distribution characterization of polymers.
Freeze-dryer for drying of thermally unstable substances or removal of non-volatile solvents.
Laboratory electro-spinning device and pilot-scale electro-spinning device.
Sputtering device. Preparation of samples for SEM analysis by thin layer coating with gold or carbon.
We enable our research partners to undergo short training and work alongside our researchers on equipment aimed at polymer characterization and polymer synthesis. We provide also user support for specific partner needs, either in development or process optimization.
Partners interested in our services are able to come in person to our laboratory and observe as their experiments are being carried out.
We design custom-made trainings in the field of material science, including the handling of equipment and understanding of thermal analysis and synthesis processes.