- Hosting Legal Entity
- Bilkent University
- Type Of RI
- Ankara, PO: 06530 (Turkey), Turkey(39.9272308349609, 32.851978302002)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Operational since 2008
- Mission and objective
- Bilkent University National Nanotechnology Research Center (UNAM) is a multidisciplinary research centre located in Ankara. UNAM is established by the Ministry of Development of Turkey with a 35 Million USD initial investment. UNAM is serving researchers both from academia and industry, currently UNAM has 800 users. UNAM, has a 9000 m?laboratory space with a 400 m?clean room comprising class 1000, 100 and 10 areas and state of the art equipment. There are 62 multidisciplinary laboratories in UNAM. UNAM has a rich selection of state of the art research equipment to satisfy the needs of the researchers from Physical Sciences, Engineering and Life Sciences. Currently, UNAM is hosting 280 researchers including, 25 faculty, 16 research scientists, 25 post-docs, and 170 graduate students. UNAM is supporting cutting edge research in nanoscience and nanotechnology. It houses research laboratories specialized in: nanophotonics, ultrafast lasers, nanooptics, nanomaterials, supramolecular chemistry, nanobiotechnology, nanotextiles, molecular biology and bioengineering, medical biology. UNAM, is also serving as an incubation centre for the spin-off companies, 13 of them are established. UNAM is not only a research centre but also a national hub for the education-training of next generation nanoscience and nanotechnology specialists with its Material Science and Nanotechnology graduate program.
- RI Keywords
- Nano and microelectronics,Nanophotonics,Spintronics,Femtosecond lasers,Nano-bio technology,Nanomedicine,Supramolecular nanosystems,Bioinspired and biomimetic materials,Systems biology,Atomic scale imaging,Nanotextile,Advanced materials design,Manufacturing of nanofibers,Nanotribology,Novel nanomaterials for electrochemical energy storage,Hydrogen economy and solar energy,Optical fibers,Functional surfaces,Material growth
- RI Category
- Micro- and Nanotechnology facilities
- Scientific Domain
- Engineering and Energy;Biological and Medical Sciences;Chemistry and Material Sciences;Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Mathematics
- Access WebPage
Ultracentrifuge. Shaking Incubator. Gradient PCR. Gradient Real-Time PCR. Gel Imaging and Documentation System. Cryostat. Bioreactors.
Zeta Potential (Zeta Sizer). Thermal Gravimetric Analysis (TGA). Single Crystal X-Ray Diffraction (XRD). Rheometer. Pycnometer (Automated Gas Pycnometer). Physical Property Measurement System (PPMS). Porosimeter. Multi-Purpose X-Ray Diffractometer (MPD). Micromechanical Tester. Materials Research Diffractometer (MRD). Isotermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC). Glovebox. Freeze Dryer System. Ellipsometer (V-VASE). Ellipsometer (IR-VASE). Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer. Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC,TA). Differential Scanning Calorimetry. Contact Angle Measurement System. BET Physisorption-Chemisorption.
Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM). Stereomicroscope. SNOM + Raman Microscope. Scanning Electron Microscope (NanoSEM). Material Microscope. Focused Ion Beam (FIB). Fluorescent and DIC Equipped Inverted Microscope. Fluorescent and DIC Equipped Upright Microscope. Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (ESEM). Confocal Microscope. Atomic Force Microscope &ndash. Asylum. Atomic Force Microscope &ndash. PSIA.
X-Ray Floresence Spectroscopy (XRF). X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS). UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotometer. Time-resolved Fluorescence. Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC). Preparative High Performance Liquid Chromatography (Prep-HPLC). Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR). Microplate Reader. Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS). High Resolution Mass Time-of-Flight (TOF) LC/MS. Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC). Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS). FT-Raman. Fourier Transform InfraRed Spectrometer (FTIR) with Microscope. Fourier Transform InfraRed Spectrometer (FTIR,Thermo). FTIR (Tensor 37). Fluorospectrometers. Circular Dichroism System (CD). CHNS/O Elemental Analyzer. Cary Eclipse Fluorescence Spectrophotometer. Cary 100 UV-VIS Spectrophotometer. Accurate-Mass Quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-TOF) LC/MS.
Vacuum Ovens. High-temperature Vacuum Furnace. Vaksis-Elif Thin Film Evaporation System. Rocking Furnace. Preform Consolidator. Fiber Tower.
Optical Spectrum Analyzer. Lock-In Amplifier. Infrared Camera. He-Ne Lasers. He-Cd Laser. FSP Spectrum Analyzer. Femtosecond Laser System. Ellipsometer (V-VASE). Ellipsometer (IR-VASE). Carbondioxide Laser (CO2).
Vacuum Impregnation. Ultrasonic Cutter. Ultramicrotome. Precision Ion Polishing System (PIPS). Precision Etching Coating System (PECS). Mounting Press. Microtome. Grinding and Polishing Machines. Glass KnifeMaker. Electrolytical Thinner. Disc Punch. Disc Grinder. Dimple Grinder. Cut-off and Grinding Machine.
Researchers can carry out their experiments and tests through the guidance of highly qualified personnel. UNAM infrastructure includes the following groups of instruments: imaging, microscopy, spectroscopy, chromatography, optical, laser, material synthesis and characterization, biotechnology, fiber production and characterization and sample preparation.