Biobanking and Biomolecular resources Research Infrastructure -European Research Infrastructure Consortium (BBMRI-ERIC)
Date of Last update : 2019.02.22 Rivision Request
- Hosting Legal Entity
- Type Of RI
- Neue Stiftingtalstrasse 2/B/6, BBMRI-ERIC Central Executive Management Office Headquarter, Graz, PO: 8010, Styria (Austria), Austria(47.079273223877, 15.4686145782471)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Construction since 2008Operational since 2014
- Mission and objective
- BBMRI-ERIC is a pan-European distributed research infrastructure of biobanks and biomolecular resources that facilitates the access to resources as well as facilities, and supports high quality biomolecular and medical research. BBMRI-ERIC operates on a non-economic basis.The activities of BBMRI-ERIC are politically neutral and guided by the following values: pan-European in scope, combined with scientific excellence, transparency, openness, responsiveness, ethical awareness, legal compliance and human values.BBMRI-ERIC is set up as a distributed research infrastructure in most, if not all European Member States. BBMRI-ERIC consists of 20 Member States and one International Organisation, making it one of the largest research infrastructures in Europe.List of Members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.List of Observers: Cyprus, Switzerland, Turkey, IARC/WHO.
- RI Keywords
- Biobanks,Biomolecular resources,Research infrastructure,Distributed,ERIC
- RI Category
- Bio-informatics Facilities
- Scientific Domain
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Access WebPage
- Biomolecular and Biobanking Research Tools
BBMRI-ERIC facilities and tools relevant for the pursuance of BBMRI-ERIC's tasks and activities, laid down in the Work Programme (Article 15, BBMRI-ERIC Statutes).
- Expert Advice
Access to expertise relevant for the pursuance of BBMRI-ERIC's tasks and activities.