- Hosting Legal Entity
- University of Tartu
- Type Of RI
- Liivi 2, Tartu, PO: 50409 (Estonia), Estonia(58.3782196044922, 26.7148952484131)
- Coordinating Country
- Life Cycle Status
- Construction since 2011
- Mission and objective
- The Center of Estonian Language Resources (CELR) is an infrastructure which will provide access to language resources and technologies (language software, lexicons, text and speech corpora, linguistic databases) for all researchers, language technologists and other people. To achieve this, the existing digital archieves will be interconnected and supplemented by language technology tools as a web-based service which will use the archived/stored data.In CELR, the existing digital language resources will be interconnected and supplemented by language technology tools as an environment with web-based access and services which will use the archived/stored data. Estonia has set up the CELR as a consortium of three institutions at the national level on 2nd of December 2011. This consortium of University of Tartu, the Institute of Cybernetics at Tallinn University of Technology and the Institute of the Estonian Language will perform as organisational framework for coordinating and implementing the obligations of Estonia as the member in CLARIN ERIC. The CELR serves as the national node of CLARIN infrastructure.In the start-up phase, Center will build up an infrastructure of central data register and service servers, user authentication and authorisation systems, system for gathering standardised, well-documented and evaluated collections of data.
- RI Keywords
- Language resources,Human language technology,Speech and text processing
- RI Category
- Communication Networks;Distributed Computing Facilities;Software Service Facilities;Data Archives, Data Repositories and Collections;Research Data Service Facilities;Repositories;Databases;Research Archives;Conceptual Models
- Scientific Domain
- Humanities and Arts;Information Science and Technology
- Access WebPage
Live Server (Supermicro 6037R) for hosting all live applications. the registry of language resources and the repository language resources. All of the resources will be listed in the registry and stored in the repository on a version-control software. Test Server (Supermicro 6037R). Storage (Infotrend ESDS S16E-R2240). Computational Server (Supermicro 5086B).
The registry of language resources. the repository of language resources. the web page of the Center of Language Resources. project management software. virtualization Software. version control software:.
Make it easier to find resources in both our LRCentre and connected networks via faceted search. properly described resources – automatically exchange meta-data in official formats with other language resource infrastructures (META-SHARE and CLARIN). browsing schema in use for different types of language resources, registration of new schema.
Access rights to resources, tools based on their academic status (verified via SAML protocol) and for specific resources based on signed user licences. authentication of users via the national Identity Provider Federation (TAAT) that is connected to individual Identity Providers (e.g. University of Tartu) and other CLARIN IdPF. Ensure SSO (single-sign-on) capability for CLARIN network for both Estonian and international users. access to online tools and services.
Storage space, help with properly describing, licensing and standardizing the resource, persistent access, but not (in general) updating resources (e.g. to newer standards, newer software versions – but might provide e.g. tools for automatic conversion from one standard format to another). version management – will keep older versions (also useful e.g. to make it possible to repeat research experiments made using that resource). user and services’ usability statistics.
Store LR in a repository, make them accessible and visible via registry and linked meta-data services. PID – provide permanent address for each (version of each) resource in repository. connected to register – possibility to search by meta-data. uniform descriptions, quality assessments etc.