- Hosting Legal Entity
- Brno University of Technology, Masaryk University
- Coordinating Country
- Czech Republic
- Type Of RI
- Life Cycle Status
- Operational since 1901
- Purkyňova 123, Central European Institute of Technology, Brno University of Technology (CEITEC BUT), Brno, PO: 61200, South Moravia (Czech Republic), Czech Republic(49.2259941101074, 16.5751647949219)
- RI Keywords
- Nanotechnology,Nano-science,Nanofabrication,Nanocharacterization,Structural analysis,Nanoelectronics,Nanophotonics,Physics,Chemistry,Advanced materials,Biology,Engineering,Nanolithography,Chemical processes,Thermal processes,Etching,Deposition,Packaging,Testing,Optical measurements,Probe microscopy,Nano manipulation,In situ fabrication,Electron microscopy,X-ray diffraction
- RI Category
- Micro- and Nanotechnology facilities
- Scientific Domain
- Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Mathematics;Chemistry and Material Sciences
Mission and Objective
The research infrastructure CEITEC Nano provides complex facilities and expertise for the experimental research in the field of nanotechnology and nanoscience. Since 2012 it has been operated as a single-sited national research infrastructure. Actually, about 180 users use one third of all planned technologies in RI CEITEC Nano.The key aspect of the RI is to provide user’s access to one-site integrated clean-room facilities equipped with a complete set of tools for preparation and characterization of functional nanostructures and advanced materials finding their applications especially in the fields of nanoelectronics, nanophotonics, energy harvesting, biosensing and biomedicine.CEITEC Nano provides the complete set of methods for nanotechnology research via open access- and “self-service” user policy to both research teams of CEITEC and other users from academia and industry. Besides the full service expertise performed by the RI specialists, almost all the instruments available in the RI can be directly operated by the users increasing thus the utilization of RI equipment.
CEITEC Nano provides the complete set of methods for nanotechnology research via open access- and “self-service” user policy to users. Besides the full service expertise performed by the RI specialists, almost all the instruments available in the RI can be directly operated by the users increasing thus the utilization of RI equipment.
CEITEC Nano provides qualified experts in the technological fields and instrumentation, complex training programmes and education of users of the equipment, scientific and technical consultations, support for the experiments, help with data analysis, participation in the development of new preparation and analytical techniques to cope with the future needs.
- Wire bonder TPT HB 16.- Laser dicing..
- Probe station. - Semiconductor characterization system.- Low temperature electromagnetic measurement Lake Shore CRX-EM-HF..
- Spectroscopic UV/VIS ellipsometry, J. A. Woollam V-VASE and NIR ellipsometry. - Optical spectroscopy. (micro)Raman spectroscopy and photoluminescence NT-MDT NTegra Spectra.- FT-IR microscopy Bruker Vertex 80 + Hyperion 3000..
- Scanning probe microscope Bruker Dimension- Scanning near-field optical microscope Nanonics MultiView 4000- Scanning electron microscopy TESCAN Mira3- Scanning electron microscope with 4 nanomanipulators TESCAN Lyra3 XMH with modification (fine milling and deposition) and 4&minus.probe electrical measurement capability.
- Custom ultrahigh vacuum analytical and preparation system. - Secondary ion mass spectroscopy Ion-TOF SIMS5 + Qtac 100. - X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy Kratos New Axis Ultra DLD.- Scanning Auger microscopy.- Pulsed laser deposition.- Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (CVD).
- (Scanning) transmission electron microscope. - High resolution scanning electron microscope.- High performance combined focused ion beam/scanning electron microscope..
- Powder diffractometer Rigaku SmartLab 3 kW: Cu X-ray sealed line focus source and 1D counter, phase analysis, texture determination, thin film characterization invarious detection geometries- Powder diffractometer with rotary anode Rigaku SmartLab 9kW: high brightness Cu X-ray source and 2D detection system for the reciprocal space mapping.
- UV direct laser writing Heidelberg DWL66FS: mask preparation, custom design lithography up to 8&rdquo. wafer size, resolution ~1 mm.- Mask photolithography system, UV optical with resolution ~1 mm and UV NanoImprint lithography resolution ~100 nm.- Electron beam lithography TESCAN MIRA3: custom design litography up to 2&rdquo. sample size.- Raith 1502 electron beam writer, custom design litography up to 8&rdquo. wafer size, resolution ~10 nm.- Ion beam lithography TESCAN Lyra3 XMH: scanning electron microscope with ion focusing column and gas injection system, resolution ~20 nm.- Local anodic oxidation Bruker Dimension Icon, scanning probe microscopy performed by local anodic oxidation of the constant current or constant potential, resolution ~50 nm,- Lithographic digesters for resists processing, spin coaters/developers for resist treatment, hot plates for resist baking, vapor primer for adhesive layer preparation, sonic bath for development and stripping.- Mechanical profilometer Bruker Dektak XT: layer thickness and structure height, surface mapping, stress analysis.- Reflection spectroscopy Ocean Optics NanoCalc 2000: multilayer characterization, resist thickness measurement.- Optical microscopy Olympus MX-51: from 5x up to 100x zoom, camera, bright and dark field feature, DIC &ndash. Nomarski.
- Metal-organic chemical vapor deposition.- Low pressure chemical vapor deposition.- Annealing ovens.- Wetbenches..
- Atomic Layer Deposition Cambridge NanoTech Fiji 200.- Electron Beam Evaporator.- Magnetron Sputtering.- Plasma stripper Diener NANO Plasma cleaner.- Reactive ion etching, Deep reactive ion etching of metals, III-V semiconductors (GaAs, InP), deep etching of silicon, silicon oxides, silicon nitrides,- Plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition systems : metals, silicon, silicon oxides etching, carbon nanotubes deposition, silicon based materials (a&minus.Si,SiO2,SI3N4,SiC) modification, high temperature processes graphene, nanotubes, nanowires preparation,- Ion beam etching: sputtering of magnetic multilayers, non&minus.reactive materials.